The Micro 12 is a versatile micro centrifuge, ideal for clinical, molecular and bacteriological applications in busy laboratories where space is at a premium.
Micro 12 can also be used to separate DNA due to its maximum spin speed of 14,000 rpm and a maximum relative centrifugal force of 16,000 g.
Micro 12 is ideal for use in busy labs where space is at a premium. The brushless motor ensures whisper-quiet operation while the compact footprint of the centrifuge saves precious bench space.
The centrifuge’s flexibility means that it can accommodate tubes up to 2 mL in diameter, allowing for a range of different applications.
Frequently asked questions
Micro 12 is designed to be used for quick spin downs and in molecular testing. It is particularly useful in children’s hospitals and clinical labs.
Adaptors are available for tubes smaller than 1.5 mL. Additionally adaptors are available for tube strips.
All parts should be wiped down periodically with a soft cloth. For more thorough cleaning, use a neutral cleaning agent (pH between 6 and 8) applied with a soft cloth.
Excessive amounts of liquid should be avoided. Liquid should not come into contact with the motor. After cleaning, ensure that all parts are dried thoroughly by hand or in a warm air cabinet (maximum temperature 50ºC).
The rotor should be cleaned after each use. When spinning samples containing phenol or phenol chloroform, the rotor should be cleaned immediately after use.
The Micro 12 centrifuge has been subject to thorough testing and quality control. In the unlikely event of a manufacturing fault, our one year warranty (from the date of delivery) covers the centrifuge and the rotor.
- 18 place fixed angle head
- Safety lid to prevent opening while rotor is spinning
- Speed range: 1,000 rpm to 14,000 rpm
- Maximum RCF: 16,000 x g
- Maximum capacity: 18 x 1.5 / 2.0 ml
- Acceleration to max. speed: 10 seconds
- Deceleration from max. speed: 9 seconds
- Timer 1 to 30 minutes, hold, or continuous “Quick” button for momentary operation
- Dimensions: 210 (w) x 230 (d) x 193 mm(h) / 8.25” (w) x 8.9” (d) x 7.6” (h)
- Weight: 4.5 kg / 10 lbs
- Electrical: 120 V/60 Hz, 230 V-50 Hz
- Brushless motor
- High maximum speed (14,000 rpm / 16,000 x g)
- Unique airflow patterns keeps samples cool
- Cold room compatible
- 18 x 1.5/2.0 ml rotor
- Easy to use control panel
- Rotor easily removed
- Accepts PCR strips with adaptor
- One year warranty