CLIA waived, high accuracy hematocrit measurement for blood donor screening and after screening
EKF Diagnostics UltraCrit™ device is a point-of-care hematocrit analyzer delivering highly accurate measurements for blood donor screening.
UltraCrit™ is a unique technology, developed in the USA. It is the first and only hematocrit/hemoglobin device to use ultrasound methodology.
Using the highly accurate ultrasound method means blood banks can be confident that they will minimize the number of false deferrals and false accepts.
UltraCrit™ cuvettes use a 40 μl blood sample which is then inserted into the analyzer. Results are displayed within 30 seconds.
Frequently asked questions
The analyzer recognizes when a cuvette is not properly filled, resulting in an error message, not a false reading.
An internal diagnostic test automatically runs each time UltraCrit is turned on.
If liquid controls are required, UltraChek controls are non-biohazardous, non toxic, and require no refrigeration. The easy to use single-use vials are available in low, normal and high levels.
- Reduced user subjectivity
- User friendly features minimize training time
- Only the first drop of blood needs to be wiped away
- Large display of results
- Non-biohazardous, unrefrigerated, single use controls available in low, normal and high levels
Ultrasound technology for high accuracy results
Precision: <0.8% CV at 41% Hct
Accuracy: <0.4% Hct (for readout in 10ths)
Linearity: 10.3 – 72.0% Hct (3.2 – 24.5 g/dL Hb)
Results within 30 seconds
Two year warranty
Powered by wall power, integrated rechargeable lithium battery, or AA batteries
USB 2.0 connection
- 40 µl sample size from capillary or venous sample
- Cuvettes contain no chemicals, have 15 month shelf life, and are not affected by humidity
- Operating ambient temperature 10 – 40˚C (50 – 104˚F)
- Storage temperature 0˚C – 30˚C (32˚F – 86˚F)